Questions at Hand:
Why and how did the density of water change when salt was added?
Explain why the egg sunk in tap water but floated in saltwater.
Today, I shall solve these problems to the best of my ability. I have learnt much about Density from the E-Learning activities which have definitely further increased my knowledge on Science.
WHY AND HOW DID THE DENSITY OF WATER CHANGE WHEN SALT WAS ADDED?
When salt was added, the density of the mixture increased. This was because salt had a higher density and when it was added to water, the mixture's density increases as well.
EXPLAIN WHY THE EGG SUNK IN TAP WATER BUT FLOATED IN SALTWATER.
The egg had a higher density than tap water but a lower density than saltwater. An object which has a higher density than another substance sinks while an object which has a lower density than another substance floats. The egg sunk because it had a higher density than tap water but floated because it had a lower density than saltwater.
This marks the end of E-Learning for Science.
I am looking forward to another enriching lesson...

0 comments:
Post a Comment